For the hundreds of people who have asked us what are you going to do with the church, we wish it was a matter of cleaning up a little and saying it is available to rent for your next function.
Here is a partial list
- Asbestos needs to be addressed
- Water damaged plaster ceiling needs to be repaired
- Walls and ceiling cleaned and painted
- Plumbing- needs a working bathroom
- Heating – furnace has not been used since 2011 and much of the baseboard heat pipes are split
- Worn carpeting removed from main floor of church – old carpeting was glued
- Wooden floors repaired, sanded and polyed
- Lower broken/cracked windows repaired
- Exterior stairs – 2 possibly 3 sets and walkways
- Handicap accessibility
If you have time to volunteer, there is plenty of work to be done.