Month: May 2018
Senior Service Fair
Yesterday was an amazing day! People began arriving 1/2 hour early and continued coming to the end.
The faces of former parishioners spoke volumes. So many people said they had been watching our progress outside. They couldn’t believe how beautiful the inside is.
All Set Up for Senior Service Fair
Public will get their first peak at all the interior renovations.
Another busy day….
Plumber and electrician spent the day working on bathroom…
Front stairs are being built…
Work begun on kitchenette…cabinets are being installed….
Crushed rock piles were moved…
Pews have been brought in….
Grass seed is waiting for Mother Nature to water.
The Clock is Ticking!
Goals for this week
- Finish green siding
- Install back window
- Install exterior lights
- Install yellow scallop siding on dormer
- Put side door back
- Spread remaining loam and seed
- Edge drip edge with crush rock
- Bathroom and kitchenette plumbing
- Trim needs to be finished
- Install remaining Stain glass inserts
- Rehang Stations of the Cross
- Front stairs being replaced
- Interior ramp installed
- Platform corner pieces reconfigured and installed
- Pews brought back in
Stain Glass Inserts
We started putting the lower stain glass inserts back in place.
The main part of St Bridget Center is nearing completion.
The 1st event is just a week and a half away.
The back shingles have been removed, insulated wrap installed, window will be replaced and siding put on this coming week.
The glass from the back window was used to replace broken glass in main portion of center.
Bathroom wall is up, wiring done plumbing has begun…in a few days there will be a working bathroom.
Perennials are planted along length of ramp…
Siding is making its way around the corner
Flowers are blooming
Ramp edged with crushed rock, 4 yds of loam spread, perennials planted, pear trees relocated, bare spots reseeded..3 days work …
This week’s goals replace broken windows on driveway side, continue working on siding, continue inside trim, work on bathroom, install kitchen cabinets, continue work on plumbing, reinstall stain glass inserts, begin moving tables, folding chairs, back into church…
Ready for siding
Water, Rot, Safety, and
Weatherization Issues resolved in this section
- Driveway and 12-13 inches of gravel and another driveway removed- windows no longer 1/2 way covered with dirt
- Removed ramp that did not meet code
- Replaced basement windows
- Repaired bricks
- Rotted dormer windows removed
- Removed exterior basement stairs
- Rotted window by door removed
- Insulated dormer
- Removed shingles
- Insulated voids between basement ceiling and main floor
- Turned steps to make them safer
- Wrapped side with insulated foil
- Saved 2 good windows and removed broken window
- Exterior Light needed to be moved and replaced
- New roof
What is left!
- New landing for stairs and back rail
- Door needs adjusting
- Broken window sections needs to be replaced
- Install light
- Driveway – next year
Another world wind day…rotted windows removed
Sign for Senior Fair
Balcony outlets addressed…radiators looked at…
Many old and new visitors stopped to see progress.